Friday, December 29, 2006

New Year's Resolution

I've never (I don't think) made a New Year's resolution, but I'm going to try one this year. For the entire month of January, I'm going to cook old recipes...I'm talking the old(!) ones. Dishes that our family has loved forever - starting out with the most favorite of family dinners for New Year's day -

Roasted Ham with Maple Syrup/O.J. baste
Mom's Macaroni and Cheese
Monkey Bread
Pink Salad
I'll have to look for a dessert - I want something that will be gone in one sitting - no leftovers!!!

And I'll go from there - one I'm really looking forward to is Cold Oil Chicken..will have to buy an electric skillet. so many....

Beerox (which I have just recently learned is spelled 'bierox')
Braised Beef w/mushrooms & barley
Tuna-Noodle Casserole
Choo Choo Train Rice
Zucchini & Pimento Casserole - (when first found this recipe Jackie and I made this three nites in a row)

There are so many! This is going to be fun.

2 comments:

Gloria VDQ said...

Glad to see you made it into "blogworld" and hope you enjoy blogging as much as I do. Roxanne told me about your site so I'm here to read and enjoy it too. Hope you visit my blogspot and feel free to comment. http://adayinthelifeofthisdramaqueen.blogspot.com. Good luck and Happy New Year.

old roy said...

These sound great. How about next month. Does Port Townsend fall into this restriction??